Online teaching. For the Earth. For us all.
What is Consortia Guidance Services?
Consortia Guidance Services, LLC is an education company focused on the planet and personal development. CGS offers the Consortia online education platform, where member educators and coaches offer sessions to learners across age on topics related to planetary health and personal growth… and we think everything relates to these things in some way! On Consortia, learners can access member educators and coaches offering sessions in four major online education streams: youth tutoring, youth courses, adult courses, and adult coaching.
We believe that the planet and humanity are at a significant turning point and that the best way for we humans to navigate and experience a better world through and beyond this time is by improving our relationship with the Earth and the rest of her inhabitants, as well as our ability to peacefully govern our individual selves. We believe that today’s education, including online courses and coaching, best serves learners when it focuses on both humanity’s dependence on the Earth and the human individual’s capacity to peacefully and harmoniously lead the self. Our research and our own experience show us that the human experience is markedly better when these two things are prioritized. We offer teaching, coaching, and learning space for educators, coaches, and learners who agree.
We also know that education doesn’t happen in a vacuum. What is available (and unavailable) for us to know and learn reflects deep cultural influence… and this includes online schooling, individualized tutoring, and online courses and coaching entrepreneurship. Wherever someone intentionally sets and holds the space so that someone else can develop, that person is influenced by historical and current understandings of what there is to know and whose knowledge is assumed important (or existing!). From our membership experience to our unique course categorization system, Consortia offers learners, educators, and coaches the space to explore and share ways of organizing and understanding their unique knowledge bases toward what we hope will be a better world for all.
Details of the Consortia membership
- Through Consortia, member teachers can offer pre-recorded or real-time online sessions on growing and maintaining our highest relationships with the Earth, our communities, and ourselves.
- Session types: youth tutoring (real-time), youth courses (real-time & pre-recorded), adult courses (real-time & pre-recorded), adult coaching (real-time).
- Coaching opens after at least three courses with a preferred teacher.
- Member teachers that meet our application process pay an initial and then yearly membership fee. Members can then access our unique platform, perks, and pricing system in order to offer sessions, with a 10% deduction from client payments and a $10 monthly administration fee.
- Through Consortia, members can list and direct students to their real-time or pre-recorded virtual classes, as well as receive payment for their classes. Member teachers can also handle additional administrative tasks through the platform.
- Consortia provides its unique real-time and pre-recorded training and professional development for members.
- Members will be provided an online profile on the platform, to which they may direct potential clients or otherwise advertise their services, within certain parameters.
- Members can set their own session hours and rates, within certain parameters.
Why teacher and educator, not content creator or business owner?
There are many online education platforms, and they use different words to describe those who use their platform to teach, tutor, coach, and guide – from creator to contractor, teacher to business owner. At Consortia, we believe that someone who wants to educate others online possesses all of these qualities. We also believe that vision and intention are the most important aspects of educating. Because of this, we often use the word teacher or educator to describe our members — who are also contractors and business owners — because these words most closely align with what we understand as the higher and driving purpose of this business.
But do Consortia member teachers need a teaching degree? Members can have formal degrees in education, but not necessarily. Safe people that engage in any kind of meaningful pursuit can be an instructive and encouraging presence in a learner’s life. We invite adults with and without professional teaching credentials to apply for Consortia membership. We decide whether an applicant and Consortia are a good match through our interview process.
CGS’s Mission, Vision, Values, Goals, & Objectives
- Vision: At Consortia Guidance Services, LLC (CGS), we envision a future where humans live harmoniously on/with the Earth and can peacefully govern themselves.
- Mission: We work toward our vision by offering an online platform where like-minded teachers can offer online classes and courses focused on a holistically better future for all – the environment, the community, and the individual – to students of all ages. We plan to offer in-person services starting 2024
- Goal: Consortia Guidance LLC’s goal is to expand Earth-based and self-governance knowledge, and to be able to monitor and nurture that expansion, through online and in-person educational services.
- Values: Consortia Guidance believes that the best direction for our educational practices is toward a human future that intentionally organizes itself in ways that protect and nourish individual, collective, and environmental health.
Want to know more?
Are you a contractor interested in working on the Consortia remote office team?
• Check out our current vacancies here!
Giving opportunities abound!
• Interested in making a one-time or recurring donation to help with startup costs? Donating w/ Consortia
Interested in keeping up with Consortia Guidance Servies?
• Please let us know here: Info w/Consortia
Interested knowing more about Consortia’s founder and her work?
• Please check this site’s main menu!